As a security analyst did you ever wish that you had more time to focus on the “interesting” things, without worrying about compromising the overall quality or test coverage?
A software development team consists of security analysts, quality analysts, developers, and operations team. And, all of them have a role to play in ensuring that a high quality and secure product is released into the production. What if there was a solution that guarantees simple learning curve, high productivity, and a better quality software product! What if security analysts could delegate the monotonous tasks to the robots and use majority of their time to do vulnerability research and identifying security flaws in API endpoints?
In this talk I would explain a few tools and techniques that would allow:
1. Writing beginner and business friendly automation test cases using robot framework
2. Dockerizing the test automation environment
3. Executing parallel test cases to reduce overall test execution time
4. Triggering test automation execution from build pipeline
5. Serving a high quality functional test report
6. Exporting the intercepted API endpoints for the purpose of further security analysis
7. Possibilities to add customization’s via python programming