Hack-A-Ship is a maritime focused CTF where teams get the opportunity to create cyber effects on real maritime electronics. We utilized Fathom5’s Grace Cyber Testbed to provide a suite of maritime electronics that are fully integrated as they would be on a luxury yacht or small workboat. Teams can earn points for creating effects such as spoofing vessel speed or location on the actual displays that a ship operator would be relying on. We’ve modified the competition to support a virtual competition so teams from anywhere in the world can connect to our testbed and launch their attacks against the system. We start the competition with a NMEA2000 Packet Capture challenge that gets teams familiar with the NMEA2000 protocol and the teams that score the highest on the Packet Capture challenge get first dibs to attack the live maritime electronics.
- Village: Hack The Sea Village
- Contest Type: CTF
- Twitter: @fathom5_co
- Maximum Participants: 150
- Pre-Conference Sign-Up: Yes
- Days Active:
There will be an offline and an online component.
Offline challenges will be on the 27-29th with full stream and support starting in the 29th.
We will do 1 day of online sessions on the 30th with final scores out on the 31st.
- Tuesday, the 27th:
- 9:00 am –> The off-line challenge begins
- 4:00 pm –> Give feedback to players
- Wednesday, the 28th:
- 4:00 pm –> 3-5 players/teams, who have enough points, are selected for the online challenge.
- Thursday, the 29th:
- 4:00 pm –> locking in schedules/time slots for the selected players/teams
- 4:00 30th – last grading
- Friday, the 30th:
- 9:00am –> Online challenge beings
- 9:00 – 10:15 am
- 10:30 – 11:45
- 12:00 – 1:15
- 1:30 – 2:45
- 3:00 – 4:15
- 4:15 pm –> Release Scores
- Participant Type:
- Participant Skill Level:
- Prizes: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place
- Able to access AWS Workspace VDI